|The HS Code 04 is described as|
Dairy produce; birds' eggs;natural honey; edible products of animal origin, not elsewhere specified or included
1. The expression " milk " means full cream milk or partially or completely skimmed milk.
2.- For the purposes of heading 04.05 :
(a) The term " butter " means natural butter, whey butter or recombined butter (fresh, salted or rancid, including canned butter) derived exclusively from milk, with a milkfat content of 80 % or more but not more than 95 % by weight, a maximum milk solids-not-fat content of 2 % by weight and a maximum water content of 16 % by weight. Butter does not contain added emulsifiers, but may contain sodium chloride, food colours, neutralising salts and cultures of harmless lactic-acid-producing bacteria.
(b) The expression " dairy spreads " means a spreadable emulsion of the water-in-oil type, containing milkfat as the only fat in the product, with a milkfat content of 39 % or more but less than 80 % by weight.
3. Products obtained by the concentration of whey and with the addition of milk or milkfat are to be classified as cheese in heading 04.06 provided that they have the three following characteristics :
(a) a milkfat content, by weight of the dry matter, of 5 % or more;
(b) a dry matter content, by weight, of at least 70 % but not exceeding 85 %; and
(c) they are moulded or capable of being moulded.
4. This Chapter does not cover :
(a) Products obtained from whey, containing by weight more than 95 % lactose, expressed as anhydrous lactose calculated on the dry matter (heading 17.02); or
(b) Albumins (including concentrates of two or more whey proteins, containing by weight more than 80 % whey proteins, calculated on the dry matter) (heading 35.02) or globulins (heading 35.04).
It belongs to the code group
To this Code "04" belongs the sub codes
- HS Code 0401: Milk And Cream, Not Concentrated Nor Containing Added Sugar Or Other Sweetening Matter.
- HS Code 0402: Milk And Cream, Concentrated Or Containing Added Sugar Or Other Sweetening Matter
- HS Code 0403: Buttermilk, curdled milk and cream, yogurt, kephir and other fermented or acidified milk and cream, whether or not concentrated or containing added sugar or other sweetening matter or flavored or containing added fruit, nuts or cocoa
- HS Code 0404: Whey, whether or not concentrated or containing added sugar or other sweetening matter; products consisting of natural milk constituents, whether or not containing added sugar or other sweetening matter, not elsewhere specified or included:
- HS Code 0405: Butter and other fats and oils derived from milk; dairy spreads
- HS Code 0406: Cheese And Curd
- HS Code 0407: Bird`s Eggs, In Shell, Fresh, Preserved Or Cooked.
- HS Code 0408: Birds' eggs, not in shell, and egg yolks, fresh, dried, cooked by steaming or by boiling in water, molded, frozen or other wise preserved, whether or not containing added sugar or other sweetening matter:
- HS Code 0409: Miel Natural De Abejas
- HS Code 0410: Edible Products Of Animal Origin, Not Elsewhere Specified Or Included.
The equivalent CPC Code (Rev. 1.1) is
The equivalent ISIC Code (Rev. 3.1) is
|xxxx:|| No Code defined|
| || Pas de Code|
The equivalent NAICS Code (Rev. 2002) is
Translation of the Code description
|04:|| Dairy produce; birds' eggs;natural honey; edible products of animal origin, not elsewhere specified or included|