ISIC Code C Mining and quarrying
|The ISIC Code C is described as|
Mining and quarrying
Mining and quarrying include the extraction of minerals occurring naturally as solids (coal and ores), liquids (petroleum) or gases (natural gas). Extraction can be achieved by underground or surface mining or well operation.
This section includes supplementary activities aimed at preparing the crude materials for marketing, for example, crushing, grinding, cleaning, drying, sorting, concentrating ores, liquefaction of natural gas and agglomeration of solid fuels. These operations are often accomplished by the units that extracted the resource and/or others located nearby.
Mining activities are classified into divisions, groups and classes on the basis of the principal mineral produced. Divisions 10, 11 and 12 are concerned with mining and quarrying of energy producing materials (coal, lignite and peat, hydrocarbons, uranium ore); divisions 13 and 14 concern non-energy producing materials (metal ores, various minerals and quarry products).
Some of the technical operations of this section, particularly concerning the extraction of hydrocarbons, may also be carried out for third parties by specialized units as an industrial service.
This section also includes:
· agglomeration of coals and ores
This section excludes:
· processing of the extracted materials, see section D
· usage of the extracted materials without a further transformation for construction purposes, see section F
· bottling of natural spring and mineral waters at springs and wells, see 1554
· crushing, grinding or otherwise treating certain earths, rocks and minerals not carried on in conjunction with mining and quarrying, see 2699
· collection, purification and distribution of water, see 4100
· site preparation for mining, see 4510
· mineral prospecting, see 7421
It belongs to the code group
To this Code "C" belongs the sub codes
- ISIC Code 10: Mining of coal and lignite; extraction of peat
- ISIC Code 11: Extraction of crude petroleum and natural gas; service activities incidental to oil and gas extraction excluding surveying
- ISIC Code 12: Mining of uranium and thorium ores
- ISIC Code 13: Mining of metal ores
- ISIC Code 14: Other mining and quarrying
The equivalent NACE Code (Rev. 1.1) is
|C:|| Bergbau und Gewinnung von Steinen und Erden|
|C:|| Mining and quarrying|
The equivalent NAICS Code (Rev. 2002) is
The equivalent CPC Code (Rev. 1.1) is
Translation of the Code description
|C:|| Mining and quarrying|
| || Activités extractives|
||(pageviews / whole Database)
All Information without warranty.
For all these information, we used basic data provided by the United Nations and the European Union.
© Copyright 1995 - 2020 firstname.lastname@example.org