|The NACE Code 45 is described as|
This division includes general construction and special trade construction for buildings and civil engineering, building installation and building completion. It includes new work, repair, additions and alterations, the erection of pre-fabricated buildings or structures on the site and also constructions of a temporary nature.
General construction is the construction of entire dwellings, office buildings, stores and other public and utility buildings, farm buildings, etc., or the construction of heavy constructions such as motorways, roads, streets, bridges, tunnels, railways, airfields, harbours and other water projects, irrigation systems, sewerage systems, industrial facilities, pipelines and electric lines, sports facilities, etc. This work can be carried-out on own account or on a fee or contract basis. Portions of the work or sometimes the whole of the practical work can be carried out by subcontractors.
Special trade construction includes the construction of parts of buildings and civil engineering works or preparation for this purpose. It is usually specialized in one aspect common to different structures, requiring specialized skills or equipment. Activities such as pile-driving, foundation work, water well drilling, carcass work, concrete work, brick laying, stone setting, scaffolding, roof covering, etc., are covered. The erection of steel structures is included provided that the parts are not produced by the same unit. Special trade construction will mostly be carried out under subcontract, but especially in repair construction it is done directly for the owner of the property.
Building installation activities includes the installation of all kind of utilities that make the construction function as such. These activities are usually performed at the site of the construction, although parts of the job may be carried-out in a workshop. Included are activities such as plumbing, installation of heating and air-conditioning systems, aerials, alarm systems and other electrical work, sprinkler systems, elevators and escalators, etc. Also included are insulation work (water, heat, sound), sheet metal work, commercial refrigeration work, the installation of illumination and signalling systems for roads, railways, airports, harbours, etc. Repair work relating to the above mentioned activities is also included.
Building completion activities encompass activities that contribute to the completion or finishing of a construction such as glazing, plastering, painting and decorating, floor and wall tiling or covering with other materials like parquet, carpets, wallpaper, etc., floor sanding, finish carpentry, acoustical work, cleaning of the exterior, etc Repair work relating to the above mentioned activities is also included.
This division excludes:
· lawn and garden installation and maintenance and tree surgeons activities, see 01.41
· manufacture of building materials, see section C
· construction activities directly related to extraction of oil and natural gas, see 11.20
. However, the construction of buildings, roads, etc., on the mining site remains in this class
· erecting or installing industrial equipment, see section D
(e.g. installation of industrial furnaces, turbines, etc.).
· erection of complete prefabricated buildings or structures from self-manufactured parts is classified in the relevant category in manufacturing, depending on the material chiefly used, except if the chief material is concrete, in which case it remains classified here
· installation of self-manufactured carpentry or joinery is classified in the relevant category in manufacturing, depending on the material used, e.g. of wood in 20.30
(Manufacture of builders' carpentry and joinery)
· erection of metal structures from self-manufactured parts, see 28.11
· architectural and engineering activities are classified in class 74.20
(Architectural and engineering activities and related technical consultancy).
· project management for constructions, see 74.20
· cleaning of windows, inside as well as outside, chimneys, boilers, interiors, etc., see 74.70
It belongs to the code group
NACE Code F Construction
To this Code "45" belongs the sub codes
- NACE Code 45.1: Site preparation
- NACE Code 45.2: Building of complete constructions or parts thereof; civil engineering
- NACE Code 45.3: Building installation
- NACE Code 45.4: Building completion
- NACE Code 45.5: Renting of construction or demolition equipment with operator
The equivalent ISIC Code (Rev. 3.1) is
| || Construction|
The equivalent NAICS Code (Rev. 2002) is
The Nearest HS Code (Harmonized System) (Rev. 2002) is
Translation of the Code description
|45:|| Bau - Baugewerbe|
|45:|| Construction - Construction|
|45:|| Bygge- og anlægsvirksomhed|