Normally, we rank all companies by their annual turnover (sales). But banks and insurances usually don't have a significant sales. Their economical power can be best seen by their assets (banks) or annual premium income (insurances).
So we created a new ranking factor "power" which is calculated for each company before the ranking.
- For banks, we divide the total assets by 20. The result is the "power" of the company.
- For insurances, we divide the total annual premium income by 4. The result is the "power" of the company.
- For all other companies, we take the annual turnover as teh power of this company.
This "power" is used for all ranking purposes.
- The ranking in our address lists, where we sell the top50, to500 or even the top5000 of countries or
- in our published rankings with an extract of the offered address lists.