Filigree is described as a metalworking technique that creates intricate scroll and curlicue patterns. This is often used to make decorative necklace and bracelet clasps and nowadays many jewelry makers still use this technique in the jewelry which they produce.

Moreover, it is a type of overlay made up from wires into elaborate patterns (floral, spider-web, etc.) which was a very popular decoration on more expensive pens up through 1920.
Ref: 123340/2006-10-01

Related Articles

Jewelry at fashion■■■■
Jewellery or jewelry is small decorative items worn for personal adornment, such as brooches, rings, . . . Read More
Chikan Kari at fashion■■■■
Chikan Kari refers to a famous type of Indian embroidery in white cotton thread, done on various fabrics . . . Read More
Cannetille at fashion■■■
Cannetille refers to a filigree type of ornamentation made of coiled wires. A jewelry item that was popular . . . Read More
Hybrid Jewelry Findings at fashion■■■
Hybrid Jewelry Findings refer to the component parts or materials used in making a piece of jewelry that . . . Read More
Lariat Necklace at fashion■■■
Lariat Necklace refers to a type of necklace with open, decorated ends that are looped or knotted instead . . . Read More
Enamel ■■■
Enamel may refer to Tooth enamel, the hard mineralized surface of teeth or the vitreous enamel, a smooth, . . . Read More
Wing Tip at fashion■■■
Wing Tip refers to a traditional type or style of men's formal or dress Shoe with an overlay of decorative . . . Read More
Mosaic ■■■
- In the industrial/industry context, "mosaic" generally refers to a decorative art form that involves . . . Read More
Jacquard (Fabric) at fashion■■■
- Jacquard (Fabric) : Jacquard refers to the type of high-quality patterned fabric that is woven or made . . . Read More
En Tremblant at fashion■■■
En Tremblant is a term used in jewelry that refers to a A type of decoration in which something is set . . . Read More