Deutsch: Forschung / Español: Investigación / Português: Pesquisa / Français: Recherche scientifique / Italiano: Ricerca scientifica
Research and experimental development (R&D) comprise creative work undertaken on a systematic basis in order to increase the stock of knowledge, including knowledge of man, culture and society, and the use of this stock of knowledge to devise new applications.
In an industrial or industry context, "research" refers to the systematic investigation and study of materials, sources, or phenomena in order to increase knowledge and understanding. Research in industry can involve the development of new products, processes, or technologies, or the improvement of existing ones.
Examples of industrial research:
- Development of new or improved products
- Investigation into materials and their properties
- Study of production processes and techniques
- Analysis of market trends and consumer behavior
- Evaluation of environmental and sustainability practices
- Investigation into new technologies and their potential applications.