A conveyor is a type of machine or equipment commonly used in manufacturing, production, and material handling processes to transport materials or products from one place to another. Conveyors are typically composed of a frame, rollers or belts, and a motor that drives the movement.
Examples of conveyors include:
- Belt conveyors: a continuous loop of material that rotates around pulleys to transport products from one location to another
- Roller conveyors: use a series of rollers to move objects along a path
- Chain conveyors: use a chain and sprocket system to move products
- Bucket conveyors: use buckets attached to a chain or belt to transport products
- Screw conveyors: use a helical screw blade to move materials along a tube or trough.