In an industrial or industry context, a "dryer" is a machine used to remove moisture from a material or product. Dryers are widely used in various industries such as food, pharmaceuticals, textiles, and chemicals to name a few. They can be used to dry solid or liquid materials, or to remove moisture from gases. Some examples of industrial dryers include:
- Spin Dryers for removing water from freshly washed clothing in the textile industry
- Fluid Bed Dryers for drying powders and granules in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries
- Conveyor Dryers for drying printed products in the graphic arts industry
- Spray Dryers for producing dry powders from liquid solutions in the food and dairy industries
- Rotary Dryers for drying minerals and other granular materials in the mining and mineral processing industries.