Fluke is described as the broad flat parts of an anchor that are designed to grab and hold in the bottom. It can also refer to the fin on a whale .
Ref: 122263/2006-10-09

Related Articles

Anchor, hook ■■■■
Anchor, hook: Anchor (or hook) is described as a metal device that is lowered from the boat on rope or . . . Read More
Anchor, burying-type ■■■
Anchor, burying-type: Burying-type anchor is a type of anchor that holds by digging their flukes into . . . Read More
Kedge anchor ■■
Kedge anchor or stock/nonburying anchor is the best example of the large, heavy, Cross-shaped fisherman?s . . . Read More
Anchor, Danforth ■■
Anchor, Danforth: Danforth anchor is a term used to refer to the brand of lightweight anchor which has . . . Read More
Buoy ■■
Buoy refers to an an anchored floating device used as an aid to navigation. May carry a light, horn, . . . Read More
Tackle ■■
Tackle refers to a weight-lifting machine typically composed of a pair of pulley-block s (one fixed, . . . Read More
Anchor, helix ■■
Anchor, helix: Helix anchor is a type of anchor characteriezed as a steel shaft screwed into the bottom . . . Read More
Sea anchor ■■
Sea anchor pertains to a drogue designed to bring a boat to a near stop in heavy weather. Typically a . . . Read More
Deadmen at environment-database.eu
A Deadmen is anchors Drilled or cemented into the ground to provide additional Reactive mass for DP sampling . . . Read More