Antifreeze contains ethylene glycol which is poisonous when ingested. Ingestion may result in depression followed by respiratory and cardiac failure, kidney damage and brain damage.

Manufacturers of antifreeze are required to clearly post dangers on the label and provide a childproof cap, which minimizes the danger of accidental ingestion by children. However, antifreeze when improperly disposed of can endanger the health of pets. Each year, thousands of dogs and cats are poisoned by discarded or leaking antifreeze. The sweet taste of antifreeze attracts pets who lap up puddles of antifreeze they find. To prevent this danger, wash down or absorb puddles of antifreeze with an absorbent material such as kitty litter and dispose of the absorbent in the trash.

-see also:
"Antifreeze" is in the NAICS Code "325998"
  All Other Miscellaneous Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing
  Antifreeze preparations manufacturing

- 87203/2006-09-16

Other Database Pages Exist for this Phrase:
Ethylen (Ethylen wird durch Steamcracken (Cracken) in ...)
Cap (Cap is a term used for metal or molded closures.)



List of books: Antifreeze

Other Related Pages