Manual may mean a user guide or the owner's manual.
In an industrial context, "manual" refers to a document that provides instructions or guidelines for performing a specific task, operating a machine or equipment, or using a product. A manual can be in the form of a written document, a video, or an electronic file. The manual industry encompasses the creation, production, and distribution of manuals for various products and equipment. Some examples of industries related to manual production include:
- Technical writing and documentation services
- Equipment and machinery manufacturing
- Consumer product production and distribution
- Software and technology companies
- Industrial and engineering consulting firms
- Automotive and transportation manufacturing
- Government agencies and military organizations.