Deutsch: Automobilindustrie / Español: Industria automovilística / Português: Indústria automobilística / Français: Construction automobile / Italiano: Industria automobilistica
The automotive industry is a term that covers a wide range of companies and organizations involved in the design, development, manufacture, marketing, and selling of motor vehicles, towed vehicles, motorcycles and mopeds. It is one of the world's most important economic sectors by revenue.
In the industrial or industry context, "automotive" refers to the design, manufacture, and sale of vehicles, including cars, trucks, buses, and motorcycles. The automotive industry is a major contributor to the global economy and involves a wide range of activities, including:
- Vehicle Design and Engineering: the creation of prototypes and testing of new vehicle models
- Manufacturing: the assembly of vehicles and components in factories using a variety of processes such as stamping, welding, and painting
- Parts and Components: the production of engines, transmissions, tires, batteries, and other components used in vehicles
- Sales and Distribution: the marketing and sale of vehicles and aftermarket parts and services
- Vehicle Maintenance and Repair: the maintenance and repair of vehicles, including oil changes, tire rotations, and engine repairs
- Research and Development: the continuous improvement of vehicles and components through the development of new technologies and materials.