In the industrial or industry context, "maintenance" refers to the actions taken to keep equipment, machinery, facilities, and other assets in good working condition and to prevent breakdowns or failures.
Some examples of maintenance activities in the industrial context include:
- Preventive Maintenance: routine inspections and repairs to extend the life of equipment and reduce the likelihood of breakdowns
- Corrective Maintenance: repairs or replacement of components and systems that have failed or are no longer working properly
- Predictive Maintenance: using data and technology to anticipate equipment failures and schedule maintenance before they occur
- Calibration: the adjustment of measuring devices and instruments to ensure accurate readings
- Lubrication: the application of oils, greases, and other lubricants to reduce friction and wear on machinery and equipment
- Cleaning and Sanitizing: the removal of dirt, dust, and other contaminants from equipment and facilities to maintain hygiene and reduce the risk of contamination.