Deutsch: Transmission / Español: Transmisión / Português: Transmissão / Français: Transmission / Italiano: Trasmissione
Transmission may refer to a gear system transmitting mechanical power, as in a car or the act of transmitting messages over distances.
In an industrial or industry context, "transmission" refers to the transfer of power, energy, or data from one location to another, or from one device to another. The goal of transmission is to convey information or energy efficiently, reliably, and safely over long distances or between different systems and devices.
Some examples of transmission in industry include:
- Electrical transmission - the transfer of electrical power from a generation source to a distribution network and to consumers.
- Mechanical transmission - the transfer of mechanical power through gears, belts, and other components in machinery and equipment.
- Data transmission - the transfer of digital data between computers, networks, and other devices, such as through Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Optical transmission - the transfer of data or energy through optical fibers, used for high-speed and long-distance communication.
- Fluid transmission - the transfer of liquids or gases through pipes or hoses, used in industrial processes and equipment.
Transmission is a critical aspect of many industrial processes and is essential for the efficient and effective operation of industrial systems and devices.