Deutsch: Schall / Español: Sonido / Português: Som / Français: Son (physique) / Italiano: Suono
Sound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pressure transmitted through some medium (like air or water), composed of frequencies which are within the range of hearing.
In an industrial or industry context, "sound" refers to vibrations that travel through air, water, or other materials and are perceived by the human ear as sound. Sound is an important factor in many industrial and manufacturing processes, and can have a significant impact on the quality of products and the health and safety of workers.
Examples of sound in an industrial context:
- Sound generated by machinery and equipment
- Noise pollution in industrial and manufacturing environments
- Acoustic testing of products and materials
- Soundproofing of industrial facilities
- Use of ultrasonic technology for cleaning, measuring, and testing.