Deutsch: Fußboden / Español: Piso / Português: Pavimento / Français: Plancher / Italiano: Pavimento
A floor is the walking surface of a room or vehicle. Floors vary from simple dirt in a cave to many-layered surfaces using modern technology. Floors may be stone, wood, bamboo, metal, or any other material that can hold a person's weight.
The levels of a building are often referred to as floors although a more proper term is storey.
Examples of floors in an industrial context include:
- Concrete flooring in factories, warehouses, and industrial buildings
- Steel grating or bar flooring in areas that require high strength and durability
- Epoxy-coated flooring in areas that require chemical resistance and easy cleaning
- Raised access flooring in data centers and computer rooms to allow for the passage of air and electrical cables
- Mezzanine flooring in warehouses to increase storage space
- Slip-resistant flooring in areas that are wet or slippery, such as food processing plants and commercial kitchens.