"storage" refers to the process of preserving and protecting goods, materials, and products until they are ready to be used or sold. It encompasses a wide range of activities, including warehousing, inventory management, and distribution.
Examples of storage in an industrial context include:
- Warehouse storage for finished products or raw materials
- Cold storage for perishable goods such as food and pharmaceuticals
- Container storage for goods being transported by ship
- Tank storage for liquids such as oil, gas, and chemicals
- Silo storage for grain and other agricultural products
- Automated storage systems in manufacturing plants.