Deutsch: Quelle / Português: Source / Français: Source
In an industrial or industry context, a "source" typically refers to the origin or starting point of a material, energy, or information flow. It can refer to the location or equipment where a resource is obtained or produced.
Examples of sources in different industries include:
- Energy industry: A source of electricity could refer to a power plant that generates electricity from coal, natural gas, nuclear, or renewable energy sources such as wind or solar.
- Manufacturing industry: A source of raw materials for a manufacturing facility could refer to the mines, quarries, or farms where the materials are extracted or grown.
- Supply chain management: A source of goods for a retailer could refer to the factories or warehouses where the goods are produced or stored before being shipped to the retailer.
- Information technology: A source of data for a computer system could refer to a database or external service that provides the data.
- Water industry: A source of water for a community or city could refer to a reservoir, lake, river, or underground aquifer that provides water for drinking, irrigation, or industrial use.