Deutsch: Unternehmensführung / Español: Administración / Português: Administração / Français: Management / Italiano: Direzione aziendale
Management in all business and organizational activities is the act of coordinating the efforts of people to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. Management comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing, and controlling an organization (a group of one or more people or entities) or effort for the purpose of accomplishing a goal.
In the industrial and manufacturing context, "management" refers to the process of planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the activities of an organization to achieve specific goals and objectives. This can include the management of resources, such as personnel, materials, and equipment, as well as the management of production processes and quality control.
Examples of management in the industrial and manufacturing industry include:
- Production management: overseeing the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing facility, including scheduling, inventory control, and quality control.
- Project management: overseeing the planning, execution, and closure of projects, such as the construction of a new factory or the development of a new product.
- Supply chain management: overseeing the procurement and distribution of materials, parts, and finished goods, as well as logistics and transportation.
- Maintenance management: overseeing the maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities to ensure they are in good working condition and minimize downtime.
- Quality management: overseeing the implementation and maintenance of quality control systems and procedures to ensure that products and services meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Human resource management: overseeing the recruitment, training, and development of personnel, as well as employee relations and benefits.
It's also worth noting that these management functions are typically coordinated and overseen by a higher level of management, such as the executive management team or the board of directors.