Deutsch: Mobilgerät / Español: Dispositivo móvil / Português: Dispositivo móvel / Français: Appareil mobile / Italiano: Dispositivo mobile
A mobile device (also known as a handheld computer or simply handheld/hand-held) is a small, handheld computing device, typically having a display screen with touch input and/or a miniature keyboard and weighing less than one kg.
In the industrial and business context, "hand-held" generally refers to portable electronic devices or tools that can be held and operated with one hand. Here are some examples of the use of hand-held devices in different industries:
- Mobile devices: Smartphones and tablets are common hand-held devices used for personal and business purposes, such as communication, productivity, and entertainment.
- Barcode scanners: Hand-held barcode scanners are used in retail stores, warehouses, and logistics companies to scan product barcodes for inventory management and tracking.
- Power tools: Hand-held power tools such as drills, saws, and sanders are commonly used in construction and manufacturing for cutting, drilling, and shaping materials.
- Medical devices: Hand-held medical devices such as blood pressure monitors, thermometers, and pulse oximeters are used by healthcare professionals to monitor patient health.
- Gaming devices: Hand-held gaming devices such as the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation Vita provide portable gaming experiences.
Other similar terms used in the context of portable devices or tools are:
- Handheld consoles
- Handheld GPS devices
- Handheld radios
- Handheld vacuum cleaners
- Handheld massagers
- Handheld digital cameras